Rocky Mountain Reclamation is a Laramie, Wyoming based company, providing revegetation, environmental consulting, and erosion control services to mining companies, general contractors, private individuals, and government agencies throughout the west.
Our company is unique in our approach to employment. You are a valued person, not just a number or another employee. You are a part of a special team of professionals, providing quality services in which you can be proud to participate.
We are looking for sharp, highly motivated, self-starting individuals who desire to work in a friendly team environment and enjoy variety, travel, and operating state-of-the-art revegetation equipment and John Deere 4-wheel-drive tractors.
Most of our work is on coal and precious metal mines, pipelines, airports, private projects, & state highway projects, planting native grass, wildflower, and shrub seed. We operate John Deere tractors (120 Hp & up) with discs, drills, and mulchers, hydroseeders and other equipment where tractors cannot operate.
The company is very stable, under the same ownership & management for nearly 30 years, and has a reputation for excellence and unsurpassed quality within its industry. The RMR atmosphere is professional towards clients, but informal, friendly, and flexible among the Rocky Mountain Reclamation team members.
If you are a self-motivated person with good experience operating John Deere tractors and farm equipment, enjoy traveling and seeing new country, and prefer variety in your daily schedule, then you will enjoy working as a member of the Rocky Mountain Reclamation team.
Possibilities for advancement to project foreman/superintendent are very high for qualified individuals.
- Operating newer, four wheel drive John Deer tractors and managing one or more implements for seedbed preparation, seeding, applying soil amendments, mulching, and similar revegetation techniques (a major portion of your work).
- Applying reclamation and revegetation techniques to real field projects throughout the western United States.
- Depending on your education and background, assisting with field collection of vegetation data for baseline, interim, and bond release studies on mines and other projects (cover, production, density, diversity studies.)
- Installing erosion control materals (bonded fiber mattrices, erosion control matting, rip rap, mulches, etc.)
- Planting trees, shrubs, flowers, etc
- Fine grading and shaping
- Sodding and Seeding
- Setting landscape boulders
- Installing and maintaining sprinkler systems
- Operating landscape equipment
- Install fencing
- Applying hydraulic mulch and related products on slopes and special areas.
- Installing erosion control materials
- Occasionally planting trees, shrubs, and wetland species.
- Completing misc. tasks to assist with everyday operations, including welding, equipment repairs, project organization, materials handling, etc.
- Doing heavy physical labor.
- Equipment maintenance and repaits.
- Must be able to work well without supervision & relate well with company personnel and clients, as well as read specifications and plans and follow detailed instructions.
- This is a hands-on position - you'll work with your crew to complete the projects timely and efficiently. Compensation to match your qualifications and experience.
- This position is for individuals willing to work hard, who strive for quality workmanship, and who desire to see their efforts provide a valuable service to the environment. You should enjoy traveling and working outdoors. You should be detail-oriented and willing to handle a wide variety of tasks.
- A working knowledge of computers and MS Word and Excel is preferred. Although you will work with other people daily, your position will be mostly self-directed (after training) and you should be comfortable with meeting deadlines and working long hours in the field. An individual with a strong farm background or similar experience is preferred/required.
- You must have or be capable of qualifying for a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) to assist with equipment movement from one project to the next.
Pay rate is negotiable. Based on experience and work ethics. Opportunity for advancement. We wish to offer compensation appropriate to your background, experience, and ability to complete work efficiently and with the utmost concern for quality. Annual income is decidedly above industry averages for highly skilled and highly qualified individuals.
Vacation pay. Group Health Insurance with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Dental and Vision partial care. Our retirement plan is a 401K plan for the employee. Other benefits include flexible scheduling of work hours during most months of the year and the ability to travel and apply your education and experience to real life situations on drastically disturbed lands throughout the western USA.
Rocky Mountain Reclamation (RMR) has an impeccable safety record. We are current in all required OSHA and MSHA certifications and constantly train and retrain staff on safety procedures. We have an extensive task training program and emphasize safety as the only way of life within our team network.
Rocky Mountain Reclamation is very serious about safety and has developed a detailed Safety Plan for team members. We meet all governmental regulations concerning safety and training and go beyond requirements in our emphasis on working safely.
If this sounds like a career that fits your personality and work ethic, please apply. We often look for quality individuals to join our team! Please sent an email with your resume to Carmen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The links to our applications can be found below.